Monday, January 12, 2009

Basketball Season is here!

Basketball season started for Jayden and Dallin and this is their 4th year playing. I think that it is becoming their favorite sport to play. Football is still one of their favorite sports to watch. The one thing that I noticed this year was that they were not the shortest on the team. Last year there were kids their same height but this year there are actually kids who are shorter than them and they are in the medium catagory. Yeah! There is hope for them that they will get some of my families height. We can hope anyway. Ty and I love to watch the boys play any sport and it is something we look forward to. (Looks like in this picture that Jayden has about an inch on Dallin, this changes all the time though). In August at their 12 year check up they both measured the same height 5 ft even and even weighed in within a couple of ounces from each other. I took both the boys this weeked to buy some basketball shoes. In September I bought them school shoes but they were not quite what they needed for basketball and of course the tread was a little worn down. What an eye opener on how much they are growing, I bought them a size 6 1/2 for Dallin and a 7 for Jayden back in September. This weekend we tried on shoes and they both went with a Men's 8. Holy cow! They are getting close to their dad's shoe size! They are such great kids, I am so proud of them. Their math teacher commented to me "These young men are definately cream of the crop." Now this is one of the times that you feel like you have done something right when it comes to parenting.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a great compliment to you as a Mom. Doesn't that feel awesome? They seem like sharp young men.

I love watching my kids play sports too. It beats dance recitals any day!

Soccer

Soccer
Halen finished up the soccer season last week. This was his third season and he was pretty agressive trying to help his team. He broke his pinky finger being goalie, but it didn't hold him back too much. Grandma and Grandpa Gerber and Jensen came to cheer him on. On one of the days that it looked as if the game would be cancelled due to rain, he said "Oh no, soccer is my life!" His sense of humor has been really something else this summer and he has said many things that have made us laugh.

Aubrie

Aubrie
Aubrie enjoyed all the camping trips this summer her favorite spot was Joe's valley.

Halen

Halen
Halen loved fishing this summer at Pete's Pond near Joe's Valley.

Disney Trip

Disney Trip
We had a blast at Disney Land celebrating Ty's graduation. September 2008.

Disney

Disney
Just plain old goofy!

California Adventure

California Adventure
We loved the weather and had a great time at California Adventures.

Titan

Titan
Titan is our new pup we got in April. The kids love him.