We had a busy but great weekend. Jayden and Dallin went on the Klondike camp out on Friday night with the ward scout group. I think they nearly froze since the night was probably around 20 degrees or lower. They had a blast sledding and drinking hot chocolate. They barely got home Saturday afternoon just in time for their basketball game and they only had enough time to scarf down a sandwich before the game. After the game our family got ready to go with our ward to the Draper temple open house. The temple was absolutely beautiful and I was amazed at how they had the tour set up. The tour started at a chapel right off the Draper exit where we waited for a short film with information about the temple, then we were shuttled up to the temple grounds in a bus. When we arrived they had tent hallways set up leading all the way to the temple doors, the tents were heated to keep us warm. My kids were amazed at the beautiful chandeliers inside the temple. Afterwards we were directed to another nearby chapel building all while being sheltered by tent hallways where we were served refreshments while we waited for the bus to take us back to our cars. It was a super neat trip, it took a lot of patience from my kids who were so tired by the time we were finished we left at 6:15 pm and arrived home at 11:00 pm. Way too late! My Aubrie declares it was all worth it! This picture is not my photography and I wish I had the opportunity to take a picture of it all lit up at night time but we were sheltered from the cold the entire time.Sunday morning came fast after the late evening and we had another event to get to. Jayden accepted his first calling as 2nd counselor in the Deacon quorum. We are so proud of him being willing to serve.
2 comments:
I love the photo! I am so glad you guys got to go. I hope it isn't too late for us to get tickets!
You have wonderful kids who are involved in great activities. Seeing the photo of the temple makes me homesick for Utah. What a blessing to be surrounded by so my temples.
Post a Comment