Thursday, February 26, 2009

You know the economy is bad when.....

When you have to sell your kids. Ok, we weren't really selling our kids but it sure looked as though we were. Halen came running in the house asking for supplies to make a sign. Sadie and Halen decided that it would be fun to earn some money from doing a yard sale. They gathered who knows what, out of the basement and stood on the curb with these signs. I thought that this would easily keep them entertained while I had some time to breathe. I expected that they may entice the neighborhood kids, (I am sure that their parents are thrilled with the new junk at their house. Sorry Holly and Lindsey) what I did not expect was that adults in cars would stop by the junk sale, even strangers. I had to start keeping a pretty good eye on them out the window. When all was said and done after 3 hours they had made $8.00. They sat down with no help and split the money evenly, and they said that they are saving it for Alaska and Hawaii. (I don't know when or if they are going there).



4 comments:

Debbie said...

What fun and how neat that you were supportive of their entrepreneurial efforts.

Smith Family said...

Hey Tamie! Your blog is so cute! Thanks for tracking me down! It will be fun to keep in touch with you now on here and on fb! Hope all is well!

Erika Amonett said...

I had a lot to catch up on! You snuck all these new posts in. The summer pics are awesome...makes me miss all the fun. And the kid sale is classic. Funny little Taylor kids!

john and brenda said...

I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. You are such a great family. I love you all.

Soccer

Soccer
Halen finished up the soccer season last week. This was his third season and he was pretty agressive trying to help his team. He broke his pinky finger being goalie, but it didn't hold him back too much. Grandma and Grandpa Gerber and Jensen came to cheer him on. On one of the days that it looked as if the game would be cancelled due to rain, he said "Oh no, soccer is my life!" His sense of humor has been really something else this summer and he has said many things that have made us laugh.

Aubrie

Aubrie
Aubrie enjoyed all the camping trips this summer her favorite spot was Joe's valley.

Halen

Halen
Halen loved fishing this summer at Pete's Pond near Joe's Valley.

Disney Trip

Disney Trip
We had a blast at Disney Land celebrating Ty's graduation. September 2008.

Disney

Disney
Just plain old goofy!

California Adventure

California Adventure
We loved the weather and had a great time at California Adventures.

Titan

Titan
Titan is our new pup we got in April. The kids love him.