Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sad! July is almost over!

What a month July has been. July is my most favorite month of the year and it is fun to share the time with some of my BFF's, Erika who loves July and exercising as much as I do and Kristen who loves camping more than I do. July has been full of birthdays to celebrate, camping trips, fireworks, and night time walks, looking at the stars, sitting around a campfire, warm dutch oven desserts and sitting on the porch with otter pops. These are just a few of my favorite things but many other things have kept me busy. I finished two more classes, geology that I scored an A and a teaching class that I scored an A- in. I also started a math class this month that has challenged my brain, only 3 more classes to go until my Associates degree is finished! I also applied for a few jobs in Nebo School District and landed my first official job. It has been 13 years since I have been out of the career world. I think that this job will be fun, I am the new 4-H after-school program director at the elementary school my kids go to. I get to hire teachers, parents and volunteers to teach classes and set up the curriculum, an added bonus for those who teach get a chunk of cash at the end. I also got called in as 1st counselor in the Relief Society at church and have loved getting to visit with people in our ward. Life is at such a fast pace! If I only knew how to slow time down a little. Here are some of the pictures I took at our last campout over the 24th. I didn't take many because the trip went by fast also!

No comments:

Soccer

Soccer
Halen finished up the soccer season last week. This was his third season and he was pretty agressive trying to help his team. He broke his pinky finger being goalie, but it didn't hold him back too much. Grandma and Grandpa Gerber and Jensen came to cheer him on. On one of the days that it looked as if the game would be cancelled due to rain, he said "Oh no, soccer is my life!" His sense of humor has been really something else this summer and he has said many things that have made us laugh.

Aubrie

Aubrie
Aubrie enjoyed all the camping trips this summer her favorite spot was Joe's valley.

Halen

Halen
Halen loved fishing this summer at Pete's Pond near Joe's Valley.

Disney Trip

Disney Trip
We had a blast at Disney Land celebrating Ty's graduation. September 2008.

Disney

Disney
Just plain old goofy!

California Adventure

California Adventure
We loved the weather and had a great time at California Adventures.

Titan

Titan
Titan is our new pup we got in April. The kids love him.