Sunday, August 23, 2009

A saying that I can relate to.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” by Dr. Seuss
I love this saying, I saw it on a friends blog and I can really relate to it. I used to be one of those people who just really said what I thought and some time ago I learned to hold my tongue on many things. I am tired of doing so and I didn't quite feel like myself either. In the last couple of years I sure have learned who my friends are and who are not. I guess it is just one of those learning times in my life, and I have not been holding my tongue much lately and speaking my mind. I am definately more myself, and I really don't care who minds it because at least I am honest with myself and those who matter.

Sometime I will get around to posting the school pictures. But not today!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Great quote. I find some of my favorite people are those who are honest, candid, and real. But you are right - it requires moments of timing and tact too. It's a fine balance and I'm always trying to find that fine line too.

Erika Amonett said...

I love it when you speak your mind! Especially when we make a game of it...stipend, anyone? LOL!
You are a great friend, Tamie. I love that you keep it real.

Lindsey said...

I love that quote! I have the fortunate (or many times unfortunate) gift of not being able to hold my tounge and not say how I feel. People always know how they stand with me. ..that is for sure.

Soccer

Soccer
Halen finished up the soccer season last week. This was his third season and he was pretty agressive trying to help his team. He broke his pinky finger being goalie, but it didn't hold him back too much. Grandma and Grandpa Gerber and Jensen came to cheer him on. On one of the days that it looked as if the game would be cancelled due to rain, he said "Oh no, soccer is my life!" His sense of humor has been really something else this summer and he has said many things that have made us laugh.

Aubrie

Aubrie
Aubrie enjoyed all the camping trips this summer her favorite spot was Joe's valley.

Halen

Halen
Halen loved fishing this summer at Pete's Pond near Joe's Valley.

Disney Trip

Disney Trip
We had a blast at Disney Land celebrating Ty's graduation. September 2008.

Disney

Disney
Just plain old goofy!

California Adventure

California Adventure
We loved the weather and had a great time at California Adventures.

Titan

Titan
Titan is our new pup we got in April. The kids love him.